Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
It's all about me...
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
No not really, but I have to tell you for those that have been following, my hubby is fighting colon cancer. He's doing really well and cancer free at this time! We are heading towards a celebration.
I'm picking him up at the hospital today, as he just had his colostomy reversed. He's been in for 6 days, and is so very ready to come home. And again thank you all for your good wishes along the way. I love you all.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

davedsel57 responded:
Chrissy, that is excellent news!

You and your family obviously have been going through quite a trial lately. I pray you see victory in all areas of your lives soon.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bpcookie responded:
Oh honey, that is GREAT GREAT news!!!!! It is indeed time to celebrate. Congrats to you and hubby. I know how difficult this whole thing has been on you both.

I love happy news, it makes the day start out good.

love ya, muahs
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

ddnos responded:
Congratulations on the great news, Chrissy! I'm happy for you both!

Debbie

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you Dave, thank you all.
Between my husband's diagnoses last year, my daughter getting married, chemo, and radiation for hubby and then more chemo, my Mother dying, my son graduating college, and now my husband's last surgery, it's been a more than full year. I'm afraid if I sit down, I won't get up again.
But we carry on in life. I need to push forward, onward and upward. I'll keep going, keep smiling. And at the very end of June I'm hitting the beach for a week! I can do this!
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

bpcookie replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Chrissy Honey, If you stumble along the way, you wont have to worry about falling because we are all there to catch you. Lean on us for support, thats what friends are for. We love you. muahs

p.s. please oh please take me with you to the beach. Oooohhh I need a vacation real bad.
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to bpcookie's response:
I wish I could take you with me Cookie, I really do! I'm in need of a vacation too, I know what you mean.

It's something, years ago I came here and didn't know much about Bipolar and tried to do my best to be here and support you all. I've learned so much and have respected you all so much, and now here you all are for me.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

bpcookie replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
You have helped us and supported us, its our turn to help you. Like I said, we love you chrissy.

melly2210 responded:
Such great news!!! I will continue to pray for his continued recovery and remission! I am so very happy for you both. Big hugs!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

mercygive responded:
Hi Chrissy
Wonderful news! Sounds like you are going to have a celebration blast at the beach and get much needed r&r. I'm happy for you and your family.
Choose life, God's Grace and humor - mercygive

slik_kitty responded:
so glad to hear! yay!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.