Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
July 4th
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are you doing for July 4th? Any plans?
I'm leaving for the Jersey shore on Saturday, sans Snookie.
Just me and my hubby, oh and my kids, 3 of them, boyfriends and girlfriends and hubbys, all in their 20's, who could stop them? It always surprises me they still want to be around me and hubby. But hey a house at the shore is a great place to be, even if your parents are there. Actually with me and hubby there, it's an even better place to be!
We'll be there a week, so that's where I'm spending my 4th of July.
We'll probably watch the fireworks on the beach that night and grill something!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

lexismom11 responded:
The plan for July 4th is simple. Grill some food and hopefully see some fireworks. It will be just me, my daughter, and my parents.

bpcookie responded:
July 4th is my daughters birthday. She was most def. a fire cracker baby. It would be nice to see her on her birthday but she will prob. have to work that day. So we will celebrate her birthday when she has a day off.

Me and hubby will light some fire works in our back yard. We wont be doing much.
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

melly2210 responded:
S and I are being held to his mother's cooking. She's making ribs in the electric skillet, so I am looking forward to some really delicious cooking. NOT. We might sneak off later to see a fireworks display. I just don't know anymore what's going on.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

slik_kitty responded:
because of the fires and tinder dry conditions here, charcoal grills have been banned, so we are going out to eat, and then hopefully later see some fireworks, if they aren't canceled cuz of the drought and heat.

Anneinside replied to bpcookie's response:
Hey! My birthday is the 2nd. When I was little I thought the fireworks were for my birthday... Your daughter must have been sure they were for her.

Anneinside responded:
I'll go to my Mom's in Iowa, leaving on Monday. My mom, her husband, my aunt, 2 sisters, 1 brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 1 niece-in-law, 1 great nephew, 2 great nieces, me, probably 5 dogs and 1 bird will be there. Missing one sister and her family in AZ and CO.

The town has a parade, followed by art, craft and food vendors and fireworks in the evening.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to Anneinside's response:
I miss you all, already. Have a wonderful safe holiday!!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

beej5 responded:
I am going to my dad's for the 4th for the family get together. We'll have fish fry I think or we may grill stuff on the grill.

beej

beej5 responded:
We will have a fish fry I think this year or not dunno. my bro and sis in law are coming down for a visit. Not looking forward to the visit though. Oh well.

DizzyJgirl responded:
Probably nothing. Watch baseball. I expect my older boys to be with their friends. Dh has to work. Last year I had "mandatory fun day" and made the family do something together. This year, I don't have it in me to do that. I have to come up with something for my youngest at the very least.
Live Life Loud

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
110 of 127 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.