Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
manic episode. ADVICE PLEASE
An_246296 posted:
Right in the middle of a manic episode. I've walked about 5 miles and worked out for a good half hour. still very manic and haven't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep a night for the past 2 weeks.
currently taking
Prazosin
Klonapin
Thorazine
Lamictal

any suggestions to help cure this mania?

ddnos responded:
Hi, have you talked with your pdoc about this? That's the first thing I would do, and be very clear with him/her about all of your manic symptoms. You may need a med adjustment and/or change. So if you haven't already, give your pdoc a call, yes?

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Ms_Moodie responded:
I agree with ddnos! Sounds like you may need a med adjustment. There are certain behaviors that help me head off a manic episode, like getting enough sleep, slowing down my schedule, laying off the caffeine, and taking my Seroquel as directed (which manages my bipolar and makes me sleepy at night). But these are things I do to help prevent mania. You sound like you are in the midst of it, so seeing your doc asap is your best bet.

Good luck!
Cheers!

Moodie

creator of the blog My Big Fat Bipolar Disorder

mommaange1 replied to Ms_Moodie's response:
MS Moodle

This has nothing to do with anything but I gotta tell ya, everytime I see your profile pic it creeps me out Lol. Don't know why but it is like a clown that freaks people out. Maybe it's my mania or maybe I am just totally flaky. I don't wanna look but I keep looking. It's way to funny Lol

(psycho)Angel
If We Couldn't Laugh, We Would All Go Insane :)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.