Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    Mental disorders
    An_246623 posted:
    I recently had to call the the DMH team to pick up my son and have him taken to the mental hospital. He refused to get help this is his third them going to the hospital. He have not been out of his room for five months. They came with the police to my house I felt so bad for him. My grandma is 82 years old can not take it anymore,so I decided to take over and get him the help he needs. I wanted to know how can he be place in a care center call Manor for mentally people his has Medical and SSI, If someone can help with placement. He is drug free,PLEASE if someone can help with housing please let me know.

    Thank you
    Anneinside responded:
    People on this community are from all over. It is VERY unlikely that anyone here would known about a program for your son where you live.... we don't even know where you live. You need to tap resources in your community. Go to the county mental health and talk to a social worker about programs available to him.
    melly2210 responded:
    If he was placed in a program as you said, there are social workers there to discuss situations like these. Usually, part of discharge is having a place to go. This is when that opportunity to get him into a residential program comes in. Be open about the living situations at home and about what coverages he has for care. It may mean he has a longer stay where he is until a bed opens up in a home, but at least he is safer there.

    If he's already been discharged, then the United Way (usually 211 from a landline) may be able to refer you to programs. NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) may also be able to refer you to a program near you as well. You can look up your local chapter and contact information here:

    Good luck and thoughts are with you for your family.

    Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
    There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    37 of 43 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.