Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
struggling-may trigger
beej5 posted:
[TRIGGER] I have been feeling down lately. It hasn't been easy for the past few days but I had forced myself out of bed and keep the "happy" face on I am hearing things this past week and ended up cutting to stop it. I don't know how much longer I can make it. I take my meds as prescribed blah blah. I don't want people to worry about me. I will pull out of it. it maybe meds my need to be tweaked. I don't see the dr until the 16th of August. this past month has been a frustrating month because people were not listening to me. Then my VP got fried by the storm. everything else is fine. thank god.

beej

lexismom11 responded:
Is there anyway to get in for an emergency appt? If you are hearing voices you probably need a med adjustment. Aug. 16th is a little over two weeks away. I would hate to see you have to struggle for so long until you can get to the doctor. Then you have to wait for a med adjustment to take effect. You know that though. Hopefully everything works out for you quickly. Good luck.

ddnos responded:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Beej}}}}}}}}}}} Im sorry that you've not been doing well! Like leximom said, I would call your pdoc tomorrow morning to see if you could get in sooner. It can't hurt to ask, and if he can't see you sooner, maybe he can make some adjustments of meds over the phone. Either way, I'd give him a call tomorrow to try to get in sooner; that's part of his job.

Until then, hang in there and know that you are not alone!

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

mozzergurl responded:
Trigger

Beej5,

Is there any way you could get an emergency appt. with your pdoc? Or maybe just a phone consultation to see if your meds just need to be tweaked? 8/16 is 2 weeks away, are you sure you can wait that long? I understand the feeling of needing to cut, but maybe you should talk to a loved one or trusted person about so you can reach out to them when you feel that overwhelming need. I know how that feeling just consumes you, I had to make a promise to my bf that I would call or text him if I ever felt that way and that he would call me right away and just listen to me til I got it all out and the feeling went away... If it takes 2 minutes or 2 hours... Of course if he's working it can be hard and we can only talk for 5-10 minutes but he will make sure to call on his lunch or after work to talk to me for support... Do you have anyone that you can trust to do that for you? If not, please come to the board and post... I usually come on in the morning and in the afternoon then again in the evening, unless something comes up... which rarely does... But please reach out to someone...

Take care Beej5 {{{{hugs}}}}
The Sanest Days Are Mad... - Morrissey

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Beej5 I'm so sorry you are in a bad place hon. I want to remind you that hurting yourself is never the answer. (((((hugs))))) Please reach out for the help you deserve. Here are the Crisis Assistance link should you feel you need them.
I hope you check in with us soon. We are here for you.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.