Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
came to a realization
tmcgrath112 posted:
quit drinkin today i have my ativan to help with withdrawals but they shouldnt be to bad, I joined a gym with my friend and we are starting tomorrow, i can't wait. My realization was my meds didnt make me fat, I made me fat by drinkin and not excerising.and not eating right.

lexismom11 responded:
Contratulations on making some good choices for yourself. It won't be an easy road but at least you have some support. You are welcome to write here anytime you are having troubles. It will help to have that extra support. Are you planning on going to AA meetings?

tmcgrath112 replied to lexismom11's response:
thank you lexismom11, not AA cuz I don't like it but im going to join a soberity maitnence group with the same kid i joined the gym with.AA is too depressing to me, And sometimes I can't open up to a group of strangers, My anxiety gets to me.

lexismom11 replied to tmcgrath112's response:
As long as you realize you need some type of support with sobriety, then you will do fine. If AA is depressing to you, then maybe a sobriety maintenance group is the best place. I am assuming it is a smaller group of people than an AA meeting and only the people who are part of the group meet?

tmcgrath112 replied to lexismom11's response:
ya my friend said its 3 people and it has really helped him

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.