Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
staying sober or occassional drinks
tmcgrath112 posted:
been over 24 hours sincce ive had a drink and i feel great i might go out on the weekends and have a few is that bad?

ddnos responded:
HI there, if you are taking meds, then it's not a good idea to drink at the same time. Sometimes, it could even cause serious problems.

You said that you've gone 24 hrs since drinking, which makes me wonder if you have a drinking problem (?) If you do, then I would get help - mixing medications and alcohol is a big no no, and you need to get he lp with your drinking (if that's an issue for you ) before any medication is going to work for you.

Take care
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
if you do have a drinking problem, occasional drinks is a big no no. it also messes with your treatment for bp and will serve to deepen depression.

ibex7 responded:
Please refer to my other post on main board re: good choices.
Advice from the Ol' Goat - be good to yerself.

lexismom11 responded:
Keep up the good work. It sounds like drinking is an issue for you and if that is the case, then you need to stay away from all alcohol period. I know it's not easy because this means not going out to have a few drinks. What you could do is go out, but don't drink alcohol, stick with soda or water. You have to be careful though because being around alcohol could tempt you to drink.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.