Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Topsy Tuesday - daily post may contain TRIGGERS
melly2210 posted:
Morning everyone....

Weather: SSDD

Sleep: Not enough...tired as he double hockey sticks

Mood: Still down

Plans: Have to go to ds2's middle school registration/orientation. He's finally in middle school and 6th grade and he's so excited. That is followed up by ds1's sophmore year registration as well. Then we're going to see my mom and step-dad with the kids. They haven't spent more than 10 minutes or so with them over the last 3 years. Not going to rush that visit. And depending on how late it is will determine whether or not I need to cook dinner.

Hopes everyone has a wonderful day!!

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

bpcookie responded:
oops, I posted on the Wed. post. Momamange is one day ahead of herself. LOL

Hello my Dahlings, smoochies to all

Weather: cloudy, then sunny. Wish it would make up its mind.

Sleep: uuuggghh. My back hurt so much that I had to sleep in the spare bedroom. I over did the cleaning yesterday. So I didnt sleep well

Mood: pretty good

Plans: Checking the boards, watching the stock market, reading some posts on the Vulvodynia board, perhaps log into LOTRO for a bit, make apt. with Gyno because I have another inf. *eyes turning red and smoke coming out of ears*, maybe work a bit on the purse that Im making and call and fire our landscapers. Third Landscaper that we have fired and now I am going to hire the first one back. lol

Thats all for now. muahs
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

beej5 responded:
Afternoon all

Weather: much cooler and cloudy may try to rain

Mood:good

Sleep: good

Plans: not sure. I start work on Thurs and am not ready to go back to work. Still waiting eye doc's office to call about my glasses and am getting annoyed they taking so long to give me the cost so I can pay for it. I know it will be expensive but it will be worth it.

beej

margaroo replied to beej5's response:
Good afternoon, my friends!

Sleep: OK

Weather: Lordy, we are in a heat wave! Temps about 100 and I can't run the A/C because of the work being done on the house. To tell the truth, we hardly use the A/C because of the $$ and we are used to using fans. I would love it if the temp dipped back down to the 80's. They want ice water in hell, too.

Mood: Tired. I am overwhelmed with the home repair, things stuffed in plastic bins and strewn around the house. It took all my energy to line the shelves and drawers in the new cabinets in the bathrooms and get stuff put away. I don't know how I am going to get the other 90% of stuff out of the way to catch up with the workman. He works too fast! This is the first time I have ever known a workman to be so good and fast that I want him to go away for a week. If anyone in Los Angeles needs a workman (this guy is too good to be called a handyman) let me know. The sooner the better so I can get a break.

Plans: I am drained. I spent almost 2 hours trying to get back in the internet. Things got messed up when the connections to the cable/internet/phone was unplugged by my dear husband. God love him, but he doesn't have a clue about these things. I think I will put myself in la-la land and hopefully I will wake up when it is only 85 degrees in the house and I have some energy to put more stuff away.

I'm too old for this stuff.

Hugs to all,

Maggie

PS, Sorry for the long rant.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

bpcookie responded:
Melly my dahling, SSDD lol, same thing on this end too. Hope you sleep better tonight. Have a good evening. muahs

Beej Baby Cakes, I hope you FINALLY heard back about your glasses. uuggghhh, I HATE glasses. Mine are constantly smudged and I can never seem to get them clean. Drives me batty. Have a nice night. muahs

Maggie May my honey bunny, I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering what you have been up to. I havent been on the board too much lately so I have missed quite a bit. You poor little sweetie, you sound so darn busy. No fun for sure. I feel for ya. I hope you enjoyed your visit to La La Land. love ya. muahs
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

mercygive responded:
Good evening all - I wasn't going to post for the entire month of August, but the board has calmed down some and so have I

Weather: Hot

Sleep: Great; slept to noon

Mood: hummm - lethargic

Plans: Went grocery shopping and took me about an 1 1/2 hours because I couldn't concentrate and kept walking back and forth from one end of the store to the other because I kept forgetting some items even though I made a list. Got all healthy food: fish, dark fruits and vegets. Back to work tomorrow and it will be hard to get out of bed.

Sweet dreams

Choose life, God's Grace and humor - mercygive

margaroo replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks, Sparkle. Looking back at my post I have to remind myself that I need to be thankful for the ability to have work done on my house (someone in the family is helping out). I am also thankful for having a house, food, medical care, etc. I guess I needed to put things in perspective.

And..... For once my husband took the pressure off of me and approached the workman about taking a break and it turns out he has an opportunity to work for someone for a week or so. I feel so much better. Now I am heading into the shower to shed the yucky feeling that comes with hot and sticky weather.

Mercy - I have done the store circuit quite a few times myself. I have been known to wander around Wal Mart for 3 hours. I always have a back problem after a trip to Wal Mart.

Hugs to all,

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

WolfFaerie7 responded:
Good Evening Everyone!

Weather: Sunny a little cool high 76

Sleep: Awful

Mood: Blah thanks to migraine and knee pain which leaves me overwhelmed

Plans: I took a kid to therapy. I did some reading. I went grocery shopping. Ended up in the ER for my migraine and knee still in pain but it's managable.

Hugs!
Wolf

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.