Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
OT/ Little Baby Birdy/ poss. trigger but probably not
bpcookie posted:
Hey peeps, I know most of you are animal lovers so I wanted to tell ya what happened. Today the landscapers trimmed all our palm trees and did the other plants etc. Hubby came home and checked out their work and he saw a baby bird on the ground. I just about panicked. The bird was A-OK and could almost fly. The nest was still in the palm tree BUT the friggin palm tree is TALL. Im afraid of heights too. So I run around the yard trying to catch the little stinker, finally get him, put him in a box, hubby held the box while I climbed up higher than I ever have climbed before. My knees were knocking. Hubby handed me the stinker and I put him back in the nest. WHEW. (fyi, its a myth that you cant put a bird back in the nest, blah blah). So he is up there all cozy now. Me...Im friggin still shaking. omg. I hope I dont have to do that again.
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

bpcookie responded:
update on birdy. Its mama came back and the two of them are all snug as a bug. I was soooo relieved to see that mama came back for her baby. yyyiipppeee, it was well worth climbing that ladder
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to bpcookie's response:
Well done, Bpcookie! Way to face your fears and save a baby bird!

mercygive replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Cookie - I love your baby bird story. I have one too.

A few years ago we watched a dove sit in a nest in one of our trees until the eggs hatched. A week or so later the 2 chicks flew down from the nest and rested on our bench. They were so plump and adorable.

Then, suddenly, I noticed this long 5-6' snake lerch down from over the fence towards the chicks. Dh grabbed a shovel and I grabbed my camera. I took a photo of the snake when it retreated into the hedge. I downloaded the photo because I wanted to see a larger image and I could NOT see the snake in the hedge. That's how well they blend into the foilage.

I always used to prune the hedges by hand with long and short clippers. Now, I use

Chop ... Chop. No snakes allowed in my yard. Hope your little chick is okay. Muahs
Choose life, God's Grace and humor - mercygive

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
OMG, thank goodness you guys were there. That snake may have gotten one of the babies if you hadnt of been. Glad you now use a Chop-Chop lol. Beware of those sneaky snakes. hugs

bpcookie replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice hun. Its amazing what fears we are willing to face in order to help someone or something.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.