Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Does it get better?
marney2012 posted:
I have suffered my entire life with depression, bipolar, ptsd & now traits of borderline personality disorder. I have been hospitalized three times this year. On my last stay I had 6 ECT treatment. It was about 1 month ago when I had my last one. I have felt amazingly wonderful. I am not sure why now I am having some depression seeping in around 5:30 to 6PM the last four nights. And two of the mornings I have felt sluggish and not wanting to get out of bed. I have no reason to be depressed. Just a cruel twist of DNA. Does anyone out there have any experience with this? 47 years and on my last legs.

margaroo responded:
Welcome to the board Marney,

You definitely have a lot going on and feeling overwhelmed at these times would not be out of the question. Speaking only for myself, 15 years after being correctly diagnosed Bipolar ll, I still have the ups and downs. It is not everyday and my life is infinitely better before I was diagnosed. It is important to work with your pdoc (psychiatrist) and let him/her know when you are overwhelmed. Hopefully you have a tdoc (therapist) who can help you find your path and help you when you losing the sight of your goals.

There is a good book that might help you as well. The name is "Bipolar for Dummies" (I think that is the title,my books are packed away because we are having major repairs on my house.

Keep checking in here and let us know how you are doing.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

marney2012 replied to margaroo's response:
Maggie,

thank you much for getting back with me. I have been doing the moodtracker.com sight so that when I do go in to see my therapist or psychiatrist I can give them a better understanding on how I am doing. I read the book by Kay Redfield Jameson "an unquiet mind" several years ago. It was amazingly helpful. Although I suffer with the depression (deep) side of bipolar and she with the manic it gave me and my family some insight. I will look into the suggested book at my local store and see if this will be helpful (which I am sure it is). I have been doing yoga & jewelry making. I have been doing this outside of my home to try and be around people. I will keep watching for you if you keep watching for me.

Marnie2012

ddnos responded:
Yes, it does get better!

Debbie

Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.