Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm very grateful for my medication
An_247671 posted:
My medication has helped me so much. I no longer have the mood swings like I used to have and I can sleep. I also am not as anxious as before. Post below if your medication has helped you.

ddnos responded:
Glad your meds have helped you, so have mine! I've been on the same 2 meds for 20 years - have been fortunate that I haven't had to keep switching them because they became ineffective. Of course, I still have my moments where I struggle with depression, but never to the extent where it's been debilitating or sent me to the hospital, etc. Sometimes I've had to increase one of my meds temporarily, but overall, I'm very happy with the meds I've been on! I realize that meds alone aren't going to eliminate all depression all the time, but I have to do my part as well.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

margaroo replied to ddnos's response:
Better living through pharmaceuticals, I always say

On the serious side, I will never skip a dose of my meds. I never want to go down that black hole again.

Maggie
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.