Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Bipolar II with other Physical Disability.
Kole3 posted:
Hai Everyone.
I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (FM) and has also been diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder (Bipolar II - Dm).

In Fibromyalgia (FM) — Up's it means the Physical in a normal or good conditions and the overall of the body doesn't feel pain attacking the body. It also called as Remitance.
And - Down's means the Physical in wide spread muscle & joint pain with fatigue and sometimes with other symptoms. It also called as Flare Up. It can lead to depression and social isolation.

I've usually on the Mixed situation of Up's and Down's on FM along with Hi's and Low's on Bipolar. I've found it's so hard to balance with the situations.

When, It's Up's on FM and it Hi on Bipolar, (it's a great wave pattern),
but at the end I used to Overdo. Then it trigger the Flare up on FM. This is not good for Fibromyalgia.

When, It's Down's on FM and Low's in Bipolar (It's a worst wave pattern), and it's usually along side with the Flare up situation in FM.

When, It's Up's on FM but it Low's on Bipolar. Or when it's Down's on FM but it Hi's on Bipolar. (I felt it's like a lost wave pattern) which cause my self commonly in Lost mood & direction situations.

But i've noted that FM had a capable of manipulating the Bipolar. It easily be able to control Bipolar to be Low's when it on FLARE UP conditions. And Bipolar is slowing the process of FM Up's (Remitance) when in the Depressed mode.

I really need someone to guide or give an opinion or to advise me on this Mixed Situations.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the group. i don't have fm so can't advise you on how to control it. are you taking meds for both conditions?

Kole3 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Yes.
For My Fibromyalgia i taken Lyrica 75mg (Pregablin) and Myonal 50mg. When the Pain at Higher level i'm taking a Celebrex 200mg.
For Bipolar i used to take Seroquel XR 300mg and Epilim 200mg.

slik_kitty replied to Kole3's response:
so you aren't taking meds for your bp now? in order to control the bp you have to be on meds. that will help your swings immensely.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.