Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Passive-Aggressive Behavior - any thoughts?
melly2210 posted:
Between my mixed episode, dealing with the legal dealings regarding my step-daughter, my MIL, my SIL and my ex and the upcoming events there, I have been maxed out. I feel like I am having a bipolar moment two to three times a day. And I am totally aware as it is coming out exactly what it is and that I have, basically, had enough.

My step-daughter is not ready and may never be ready to get custody of our grandson back. As heartbreaking as it is to both S and I, she simply is going through the motions ONLY to get him back, not to make the changes in her life that would require her to keep him if it ever happens. Last week I called DCF, the Guardian ad litem and had a very long discussion with both of them regarding my and S's opinion of where she is right now and WHY reunification shouldn't happen anytime in the near future. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do because it also cuts her and the grandbaby out of our lives as well.

The ex is being a regular old donkeybutt. Same crap, different day. Or as I would like to put it, he found his pissy pill again. He's fighting me on every single thing, like school involvement even though his time schedule and his wife don't have the time to deal with it. So.....I've started the process of filing several petitions to make changes. And his reaction so far has been to throw his wife under the bus, and she does the same to him. No one wants to be accountable and yet no one wants to let me in to do what NEEDS to be done.

The MIL is ridiculous. To the point that today she refused to go to a doctor appointment because I was taking her. S and I got up at 4am to get him to day labor. Drove him clear across town and I came home so I could have the car. Then she refuses to go. So basically, we made an extra trip on gas we barely can afford because she doesn't want to go with ME. We want to do laundry? She's about to put a load in. 3 hours later, we're still waiting. We want to shower? Same thing....4 hours later we're still waiting.

The SIL wants nothing to do with the care of the MIL. She lives 3 blocks away.

I am to the point now that me and MY kids come first. If S's daughter gets over herself and starts doing the right thing, then fine. But I don't know how to address everyone's passive-aggressive behaviors. I can't handle it anymore. It's impacting MY health and the only one who can see that is S. My pdoc's tried to help, but made it that much worse. And now, of all time, I need to REMAIN STABLE. But it's becoming clearer each day that something needs to change or I won't be.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.