Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
adult male, 53, needs medical attention but no money or insurance
Sammie123 posted:
Hello. I really didn't know where else to turn for help. I have a 53 yr old boyfriend, of 7 years... who is an alcoholic, but there's something else wrong too.... I think he has some type of mental illness along with his addiction problems. He does not drink everyday, but is more of a binge drinker. He is unmotivated most of the time and although I have tried everything in the book to help him get a job, he is still not trying. I want to say he is just lazy, but I think he is severly depressed. I cannot get an answer from him as to what is wrong. He says he doesn't know. I live in central indiana and would like to know if there is somewhere I can take him for evaluation. He has no money, no insurance and is not on SSI. No means to pay for help and I honestly am tapped out trying to support him. Can anyone give me suggestions or where I can go? I just can't give up on him yet.... Thank you
mercygive responded:
Hi Sammie. Welcome to the board. If you haven't already done this (or googled) you might want to find a county hospital for the indigent, a local NAMI support group (National Alliance for Mental Illness), an AA support group, a bipolar support group (?). You're a good friend to support your boyfriend during difficult times. You may want to find a co-dependent support group (Al-anon) for yourself so that you can have support for emotional and mental wellness. Also, your boyfriend might try to qualify for food stamps.

Good luck and let us know how you both are doing.

Choose life, God's Grace and humor - mercygive

slik_kitty responded:
every county in the us has a mental health center. look in the govt pages of the phone book. they charge based on ability to pay and can help with getting meds for free.
Sammie123 replied to mercygive's response:
Thank you for your kind response! I will Google NAMI to see what comes up for my area. (never heard of them, so thank you) I have attended numerous Alanon support groups... but can't get him to go to AA. I will also try to google hospital for the indigent. NOt sure if I can get him to go but I will try. Thank you
Sammie123 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you slik kitty for your hlep. It is appreciated

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

lost in the garbage disposal hole
???????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????? ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.