Skip to content


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
what do you think
landonsdaddy posted:
have bipolar nos and had a blackout i harassed someone and was arrested what should be done jail or treatmen
maniccycler responded:
landonsdaddy replied to maniccycler's response:
thank you that's what i thought
Anneinside responded:
Read my other comment under the one you asked about treatment or jail. You will have to go to court. The judge will decide if you go to treatment, get probation, or go to jail. If you go to jail and have proof of mental illness you will still get medical treatment. The jails and prisons are full of people with mental illness. It is not a defense.
bpcookie replied to Anneinside's response:
Very well said Anneinside.
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
114 of 131 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.