Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I am losing time..disassative fugue
maniccycler posted:
Does anyone have trouble with losing time? I "came to" the other day and don't remember anything for the last 2 months. I guess I did okay on the day to day things. I just don't remember it. I am embarressed and my doctor says it is nothing. He said it is the minds way of protecting itself. I have done it all my life. People come up to me to talk
and I don't know them, but they know me. Weird.

ddnos responded:
Hi Maniccycler, you said your doctor says its nothing? What kind of doctor are you referring to? It definiatly sounds like a dissociative disorder to me, possibly DID, but not for me to diagnose. I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist for a complete evaluation, explaining everything you stated here and more. What you are experiencing is not "nothing" and is something that a trained therapist can work with you on.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.