Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Meds
tmcgrath112 posted:
My parents say if I live under there rough I need to be medicated. Which I'm fine with, But when if ever is a good sign to try getting through life with out medications? Can a person who is diagnosed Bipolar live a healthy productive normal life with out meds?

bpcookie responded:
Hello TMC, In my own opinion, a Bipolar needs to be on meds for the rest of their life. The members on this board have seen many ppl who have went off their medication and then those ppl ended up regretting it. Its just how it is and we can't change it. I'm sorry that I can't tell you otherwise. It totally sucks, I know.

Take it easy and take care.
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
107 of 124 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.