Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
IT'S BEEN A FRIDAY..............
nopoin posted:
Three months ago my medicine doctor left the office, they got a new one. So today I meet the new one she is ok, had my check up, I asked her about the Depokote I'm on. Cause I found out that it is offend use to treat BipolarDisorder, I have been on it for over a year and I was first told it was for my mood changes. I also have Major Depressive disorder and Boarderline Personality disorder. and suffer from bout of self-harm, So when I found out today that my records stated back in july that I was Bipolar I kind of went into panic mode, How do people handle so many disorder in their lives? today i felt like this was something else I was going to have to watch daily, like I don't have enough already. I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin lately now this.

CanadianDyanne responded:
Hi Nopoin,

I take Depokote for mood balance due to my mixed bipolar.
Dont let this new 'term' freak you out. You stated you were dx'ed w major depression which is part of bipolar. so maybe in your case it isnt an 'add-on' but something you have been experiencing all along and your just now hearing a more deffinitive term??
You should discuss with your dr the differnances in certain conditions and let her tell you spefically what your diagnosis is. Regardless, it sounds like she is on top of things and that is what is most important for your over all health.
Best wishes
Dyanne

Anneinside responded:
Once you get diagnosed with Bipolar, the Major Depression diagnosis is dropped because major depression is PART of bipolar. Then there is Borderline Personality Disorder as a second diagnosis. Self-injury is a behavior, not a diagnosis. It is often seen in people with Borderline. So, as I see it, you have two diagnoses.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.