Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Need Help
PhoenxM81 posted:
[TRIGGER] I have been in a relationship for about a year with a 24 year-old man who is experiencing something that seems to be bipolar. He has not been officially diagnosed with bipolar disorder, though his mother has been diagnosed. He has told me that his problem is a combination of Social Anxiety Disorder and POIS. I wish I could attest to the validity of these diagnoses. POIS is a very misunderstood condition, which is debilitating and very difficult to discuss. There is no really effective known treatment. He has been prescribed Wellbutrin. Our relationship had been suffering and I had recognized that my ex had withdrawn from his family, and many of his friends. With regard to the POIS I had attempted to research the condition and suggest remedies that would have little or no interference with other meds. Our romantic relationship has ended. I feared for his well-being after the break-up, and notified his sister and others that he needed help. I am close with his family and have been attempting to establish a support network for him. However, this is very difficult. I learned from his family members that he had called a suicide hotline and had mentioned buying a gun. I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis, which led to my own hospitalization this past summer. I believe that my presence is both comforting and exacerbating to his condition. This is why I am writing. I know I have resources at hand to help. However, my closeness and involvement with the situation makes me feel as if I need to act through others. Others do not have the same information I do. Is there anyway anyone can advise me about ways to get him support without totally betraying his trust? He has been reaching out, and I am confused as to how to best handle this situation.
ibex7 responded:
Hello, PhoenxM81,
I am so sorry I feel terribly inadequate to advise you in your circumstance. I have read your post repeatedly and have no doubt of your sincerity. Please accept my support and best wishes. Welcome to BP Support.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 97 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.