Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Seasonal Depression
bpcookie posted:
It's that time of year when Seasonal Depression/SAD can effect some of us.
Here is a good place where you can get more information:

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/seasonal-affective-disorder

Here are some ways that you can help yourself:

Get outside every day. Natural light is very helpful. It helps you to produce your own vitamin D

Get vitamin D testing done. If your vitamin D levels are low you may need to take a vitamin D supplement.

Get some exercise. Its a great way to increase your serotonin levels

Phototherapy . Light therapy has been shown to help some ppl who suffer from SAD.

Take vitamin and mineral supplements. If you prefer not to take supplements then you can eat a healthier diet.

Make the inside of your house sunnier and brighter.

Antidepressants may help. Although since we suffer from Bipolar some Pdocs prefer not to prescribe antidepressants.

I hope this helps.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Take the Poll

Was this post helpful
  • yes, very much
  • It helped a little
  • nope, not at all
  • I already knew everything about SAD
  • I know everything about everything. Why did I even read this post
vote
View Poll Results

DizzyJgirl responded:
Thank you! I have been toying with the idea of light therapy. It is just those lights are so dang expensive, I am afraid to try it and have it not work.
Thanks for taking the time to post that. xo
Live Life Loud

bpcookie responded:
bump
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.