Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
hey all---a big TRIGGER
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
[TRIGGER] Well I went to see my pdoc last week and he was very concerned with my actions lately and the court stuff was getting to me. The video they had me see was disgusting and when I had a break I went to the bathroom and threw up. Emotionally I am a wreck. No one really seems to understand what I am going through even though I am making some changes to help me get better.

The reason pdoc wasn't happy was a I was busy cutting. I know I will need long term treatment program to help me get better because the short term one isn't working.

I am thinking of taking time off from work next semester to seek out more help and hopefully the court stuff will be over and then I can recover and move on. Not everyone will agree with me with my decision but I think its for the best. It sounds like i am not getting the appropriate help here. Its something my T and I will talk about when we see each other and also my pdoc to get their feedback. My dad will never understand this neither will my so called friend. My other friend I think will understand.

I think thats all i want to share at the moment and will add more later on when i get more free time.

beej

bpcookie responded:
Hi Beej sweet heart, its good to see ya. It sounds like you have a good plan. Taking time off of work may take some of the stress off of you. I hope it helps. In the mean time, take care of yourself. love ya, muahs
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

slik_kitty responded:
I hope you get everything you want. you have been fighting this for so long. don't get discouraged, and ignore the people who tell you what you can't do. hugs

purpledolphingirl4 responded:
Thank you all for supporting me in this. Not many people are supportive in my quest for help. I haven't talked everyone yet about my quest for further help yet. I have appts with T and pdoc the 2nd week of Nov and then the thyroid check as well that week. I am going to be very busy. I am hoping people will understand but it sounds like they don't. Ughs. Oh well. We'll see how it plays out.

beej

ibex7 replied to purpledolphingirl4's response:
(((((beej))))) - goat

purpledolphingirl4 replied to ibex7's response:
thanks old goat. good to see you still sticking around.

beej

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.