Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Afraid of what my psych dr is doing
polykitten posted:
I was recently diagnosed bipolar II and started seeking counseling. Unfortunately the psychologist I am seeing is not the one who diagnosed me and is simply treating me as though I have simple depression. I am now into my 2nd week of taking prozac, 3rd day taking 20mg and I am having a poor reaction to it. My blood pressure is elevated to the point i can feel my heart beat and feel chest pain. Also, I cannot focus on anything, am feeling confused all the time and shaking and my mania is off the charts. Also, my depressive times are more extreme with even more dark and negative thoughts going through my head than I used to deal with. When I informed her that it was my understanding to take a mood stabilizer for my condition she simply told me they would make me fat.
I am truly scared and would really appreciate any input available. Thank you!
Also, I have called her number and left messages but still nothing.
so i guess my questions are:
What should I do in this situation?
When should I be concerned about my blood pressure enough to go to the ER?
Thank you again!
Anneinside responded:
Definitely go to the ER. It is better not to take a chance. High blood pressure can be dangerous.
lexismom11 responded:
I would further question the dr. It seems very strange that she will not prescribe a mood stabilizer for the bipolar. Yes you can gain weight from them, but the alternative is much worse. You already said your mania is off the charts and it could be the antidepressant doing that. There are much better ways to treat the bipolar. You have to demand that she treat it appropriately or seek out a new doctor. You sould go to the ER just to be on the safe side. You never know what could happen.
ddnos responded:
I would also change it's a psychologist prescribing your meds and not a psychiatrist? but I would definitely get a different doctor after you go to the ER re your blood pressure.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
slik_kitty responded:
definitely find a new doctor. they are supposed to help us, not hurt us, and should be willing to listen to us.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 97 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.