Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Options for Bipolar Anergic Depression and anhedonia
razau posted:
Hello
I have bipolar anergic depression. I am currently taking 600 mg qd Lithium, 12.5 mg qid Tianeptine, 100 mg qd Modafinil, 150 mg qd Wellbutrin, Thyroxin, B-complex and multivitamin.
Although the depression is slightly elevated, the anhedonia is debilitating. Anxiety is greatly reduced, cognition is better, I don't sleep as much.
I dont want to take Atypical Anti-Psychotics and would not like to take SSRI's
What options do i have? What could I add to what I am taking to decrease anhedonia.
Previously I was on carbamazepine and effexor for 7 years. Made me unproductive.

thank you

purpledolphingirl4 responded:
I am sorry to hear your frustrations with your medications. I am also frustrated with mine too. But, atypical anti-psychotics aren't all bad. I take Abilify and have not gained any weight from it, but everyone responds to meds differently than others. I know I don't respond well on certain meds so it is a trail and error basis until your doc and you find the right combo. I think thats the key to success. Hang in there this shall pass. Keep working with your doctor about your meds.

beej

razau replied to purpledolphingirl4's response:
Thanks.
I'm really sick of this illness.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.