Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Now I know why I've felt crazy my whole life
ACRONYMical posted:
My entire life, I have felt like I've slowly but surely been going insane. I've thought it was just me. I've thought I was a drama queen. I've felt out of control, like two different warring people. I've been through so many things. I've not known how or why. I feel like a tragedy magnet and now i'm a person made up of consequences, I've become nothing but a long list of symptoms and acronyms. At least these things let me know that it all isn't in my head...but it is my head. Now what? I have Bipolar Disorder, ADD...I've dealt with PTSD, greif, impenatrable sadness, rage, confusing joy, countless other symptoms of a buncha things. I'm a mess. I've wanted out and I've tried and failed because I'm here for a reason. I've tried miserably to cope, but you're not coping if you're a danger to yourself. My OCD tendencies are my way of trying to gain control of myself, my circumstances, my surroundings. NOONE GETS IT. NOONE UNDERSTANDS THAT I'M NOT MAKING ANY OF THIS UP! I didn't choose to be a mess. I'M TIRED OF BEING IN HELL. Oh well, I'm stuck this way. I haven't any medical insurance. So great, I know what's wrong with me...now what? I want someone to fix me. I hope that by chatting here I'm proven wrong...I feel alone, but I don't want to be.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. every county in the us has a mental health center to help out those in need. they charge based on your ability to pay and can help you get free meds. look in the govt pages in your phone book.

sandtiger responded:
You're not alone ... [[hugs>>

This board is a great place to meet new people and get support. We are always here for each other, even if some of us come and go and then come back [like I do>.

Slik is right - do different searches through the phone book and online to find services that can assist with things. Not sure where you live, but most people can be eligible for Medicaid or Medicare insurance based on their situation, or can get discounted rates at individual doctor's offices, you just have to check which ones offer it.

Good luck...
~San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.