Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Hurricane Sandy and Pets
bpcookie posted:
I've always considered my dog as a part of the family. She is like my child. For all of those who kept their pets safe during Hurricane Sandy, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I hope your all well. Stay safe everyone.

You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

jselleck responded:
Hey Cookie, have you seen the news footage of the rescue team rescuing an little girl and her family with a box of kittens and two adult cats?? Matt saw it and it about broke his heart. I remember when the hurricane hit New Orleans a few years ago all the shelters around Dallas and the surrounding counties were taking in pets from the shelters in Louisiana and again from Houston when Rita hit. The pictures then were heartbreaking. I lost my Bubby on Valentine's Day two years ago it about broke my heart. Our two cats that we have now, Jack and Peabody drive me cray at times but when we were faced recently with the possibility of having to give them up for their own safety it tore me up inside. I hope no one ever has to face that possibility. Luckily we're able to keep them now, and they're doing fine.

JSelleck

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
No, I didn't see that footage. Its so nice to see pets being rescued along side their human family members. Too many times in the past we have seen ppl having to leave their pets behind.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.