Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
I'm going completely CRAZY!
amylourou posted:
I could really use some advice right now. I'm Bi-Polar with GAD and OCD. I keep myself locked up in my bedroom most of the time until I get really bad, then I hide in my shower stall. I feel like I need to be hospitalized! I tried to call Parkside Psychiatric in Tulsa but they can't get me in until the 15th of Nov. and I don't honestly think I can make it that long. I can't live like this! I talked to a lady at Hilcrest hospital but they won't take you unless your suicidal! I have 3 kids so even when I think about ending it all, I just remember them and my feelings go away. But what kind of mom hides from life everyday? And I'm usually either crying my head of or having a panic attack the size of Texas! Where can I go to get help now!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I have no where else to turn!!

bpcookie responded:
Hello AmyLou, Do you take medication for Bipolar and an anxiety? How long have you been going through all of this? Do you know what the reason why you want to hide? (trigger)Were you sexually abused in any way?

The issues that your having can be fixed. So suicide is most def. NOT the answer. Try to stay strong for your children. I was suicidal once and it was the thought of my daughter that kept me alive.

Try to remember that this will get better.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

SCauthor responded:
It sounds like you need help immediately.
If the psychiatrist is unavailable, go to your family physician and tell him the problem. Although he cannot offer the counseling of a psychiatrist, he can prescribe treatment, such as antidepressants and mood stabilizers that will help until you can get to a psychiatrist.

I had a long bout of depression after a severe manic episode that lasted almost five years. What turned everything around was going to my family doctor and getting him to double my depression medication.

Avoid blaming yourself for "hiding from life." Mental illness can be as debilitating as any physical illness and feeling guilty can just make everything worse. Fortunately,bipolar disorder is treatable. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.