Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Issues-May Trigger
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
TRIGGER Don't read of you are sensitive.

My family and friends are becoming concerned about my mental health and the instability that is going on. I know they are but I also know my treatment plan isn't working. It is ineffective. It is due to the therapist is not helping and we have so many infrequent sessions to actually work on the problem. So, they suggested I go into treatment center then when well enough to live in specialized unit that fits my needs. The programs aren't local it is far north and none of my family is going to like it. Here is the trigger I think about SIV frequently out of frustrations at things going on in my life that makes me want to do it.

I try all the stop its but none is really working. Oh well. I really don't know what pdoc is going to do after I tell her what the family says. I am planning on dumping the therapist for the time being unless things change.

We'll see what the pdoc comes up with for treatment.

beej

bpcookie responded:
Hey Sweet heart, You do what you think needs to be done. Ask your pdoc or family Dr. for a referral to a good Tdoc. A good Tdoc can make all the difference. Stay strong honey. muahs
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

purpledolphingirl4 replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie,

I may have found a better place for counseling if I don't get placement. Might use them for temporary purpose. I feel my meds are not working. its ineffective. and tipping to the manic side. Lovely. I just hope it doesn't go full blown one. My cards are all cut up so can't use them.

beej

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
108 of 125 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.