Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Bi-polar Medication
An_248883 posted:
I have diagnosed with a bi-polar 1 disorder and put on medication and seem to feel ok but how do I know if the medication is work or if t is just a mood swing thing happening again?i

bpcookie responded:
Hello, How long have you been on your medication?? You will know if your meds are working if you continue to be stable. Try not to worry about whether the meds worked or not, instead enjoy the fact that your doing well right now.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Anneinside responded:
No one can know that... not even your psychiatrist. Most often meds helps decrease the episodes and give you periods of peace.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.