Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Tired of being me
Anon_283 posted:
I am so tired of being me right now. I am polar II. I take my meds like my doctor tells me to. (Lamictal and prozac). My doctor increased my dose on both a couple of weeks ago. I keep hoping they will kick in but I am just kidding my self. They should of kicked in by now

I have problems dealing with things. The number one biggie is money. I was at lunch today with my kids. I was feeling good when my husband walks in. He has to start telling me about getting a 2nd on the house to put all of our bills into one because of the low interest rate.

We talked about a couple of months ago that we would stop borrowing on the house and he hits me with this when i am feeling really good.
I went from feeling great to wanting to crawl under the covers and hide from the world in the matter of seconds.

I know that a big drop is coming when I get too happy. It always ahppens. I am in bed and its only 8:30. My face looks terrible because I took a needle to a cystic pimple to pop it. That back fired on me.
I have to do something to get my mind off of this. I am venting because I just cannot believe my husband and to bring this up when i am having a great time. I am so so tired of this cycle my world it!!!

jselleck responded:
Anon, I so hear you!!!! My world has been so topsy turvy lately that I just feel like I can't handle much more. I've had to reschedule so many appointments lately that I'm at my wits end. Our truck has been in the shop twice in the last week and my husband lost out on overtime that we could really use twice. We've wiped out our savings paying for the repairs on the truck and I don't know what to do. The only good thing to happen lately is the second repair only cost about $200. I'm manic, going through the worst stage of my cycle and the mood changes are almost more than I can take. My doctor changed my med about two months ago only to find that the med he put me on is causing vicious side effects that are driving me crazy. I had an appointment to see him this week and had to cancel it because the truck was in the shop. Fortunately I was able to get an appointment next week so something worked out thank God. It's about the only thing lately. We're also fighting about money lately. I want a big Christmas with lots of presents for both sides of the family, he wants a small one. And no matter what we do, it seems that we can't come to a compromise. So we fight and fight some more. It's driving me crazy!!! Hopefully we'll work it out soon. Otherwise I might be spending Christmas in the loony bin. Hope you and your husband work out your money problems. They're never fun to have. Take care and have a nice day.

JSelleck

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.