Skip to content


Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Should I be worried?
MMN12345 posted:
I am worried about my son-in-law. He's mid-30's; very high-strung; has moods that go from happy to angry. He's able to hide these feeling from his wife, but I'm around him enough to catch him getting very angry with the kids making me worried for the safety of these children. I've seen him talking to himself in an angry way; running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He smokes at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day and at least 7 cups of coffee. He speaks so fast that most of the time no one can understand him. Someone mentioned bi-polar!! Any thoughts?
lexismom11 responded:
The best thing to do is to try to convince him to see a doctor. This way he can be properly evaluated for Bipolar or any other illness he may be suffering from. He can get a referral from his primary care doctor. Good luck.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
114 of 131 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.