Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Let's Check In!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who's here?

Yup it's me. I survived hurricane Sandy, it was so powerful and my beloved Jersey shore took a hit. I've gone there every summer since I was very young. But being Jersey strong it will come back.

How is everyone doing?
How are you all?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

jselleck responded:
Hi Chris, glad to hear you came through the storm okay. My husband has family in NJ and we've been getting all kinds of stories from them. But they came through okay. Things are okay hear in Texas. Mainly getting ready for Thanksgiving and trying to get the post office to deliver a letter my husband's aunt sent last week. There's two building 17's in our complex and apparently there was a sub working satruday and he went to the wrong building. Confuses everyone unless you know exactly which building to go to, but it's still a pain anyway. Hope you're doing okay. Other than the trouble with the post office and truck breaking down three times in the past two weeks we're doing just fine. May even get our truck back tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed. Take care and I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

Jessica.

mercygive responded:
Hi Chrissy,

Good to hear from you! I hope you and your family are safe, and able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving together.

I will be hosting Thanksgiving this year. I have never made a turkey because the instructions are too complicated for me. So, we are having ham, sweet potatoes and some vegetables.

Blessings to you and your family

bpcookie responded:
Hi Chrissy hun, I was worried about you. I'm so glad that your safe. hugs and kisses
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks guys for checking in!
Blessings to you all for Thanksgiving as well!

Jessica I'm so glad your family is OK! Oh Jessica you should have seen our mail delivery during the storm and days that followed.
We didn't get mail for days, then on a Sunday they delivered it all. It was a mess, and it's still getting worked out now.

Hoping you got that truck back!
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to mercygive's response:
Thank you Mercy and to you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Yes, making a turkey can be intimidating, but once you make one you can do it again and again.
You may want to try one in a few months or weeks, not for a holiday, but for a big Sunday meal, this way you won't have the added pressure of a holiday mixed in.
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to bpcookie's response:
Thanks Cookie! Happy Thanksgiving honey!
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

purpledolphingirl4 responded:
I am still here. My semester is winding down and i am ready for a break. The students drive me nuts. So I am desparately need that break. What really sucks is my hrs are cut AGAIN. So it means I will have to redo the certification forms. I don't like doing it because its a pain in the rear.

I am also firing my T because she has not helped me one bit. She keeps changing the theme everytime I come in for my appt. So I found another agency who I will see in Dec. Wish it was closer though. Oh well.

beej

jselleck replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Chrissy, I can so understand about the mail issue. I'm from southern Indiana and we've gotten some bad storms over the years. When it snows bad our mail can be delayed from days to even two weeks one time when Lousiville was hit bad and the power went out. I went to college in Central Indiana and my sophomore year we got one so bad that classes were canceled, no mail for about a week, and Indiana University in Bloomington canceled classes for the first time in 20 years. I think we might have had two feet of snow.

Mercygive, I understand about being cautious making a turkey. The first time I made one I forgot to take the giblets out of the body cavity. Boy was I surprised when I went to look for the wish bone!! And last year I cooked the turkey upside down ruining my glaze. I was so disappointed. But everyone liked it and it was gone in a week. My husband loves leftovers and always makes me get a big bird. Hope you have a good turkey day anyway. I admire you making a ham. I've only done one and I burnt it. But the boys ate it anyway. Good luck.

JSelleck.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.