Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Is anyone traveling today, tomorrow?

What are you all doing for tomorrow? What's your tradition for Thanksgiving?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

jselleck responded:
When I was growing up Thanksgiving always meant dinner at my grandmother's with my parents, sister, and great- grandmother. Dinner around the table was something I looked forward to each year. Grandma always got these special dinner rolls that we only had at Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Easter. They were delicious!!! I think they might be one of the things I miss the most. At least about the meal, lol. Spending time with my great grandmother was also something I cherished. I was named after her and she was very special to me. I miss her dearly now that she's gone to heaven. Now that I've moved Texas and they're still in Indiana I make due with calls home on every holiday and on Sundays to my grandmother. Tomorrow I'm fixing turkey, stuffing, corn, green beans, and hopefully scratch mashed potatoes. That is if I have any success at it. I haven't done that since I was in College working at a children's camp and even then I had help. Got my fingers crossed everything works out okay. Hope everyone has a great Turkey day. At least my friends in the States. Take care.

JSelleck

bpcookie responded:
Me and hubby have Thanksgiving alone. My husband does the cooking because he doesn't want black, crunchy turkey. I help out by opening the cans. We always give our dog some turkey so that she can enjoy it along with us.Then I get really fat, put on 5 lbs and complain about it.

We also watch football and later in the day we take a nap.

Now its your turn Chrissy. Tell us all about your Thanksgiving.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Poor Cookie!!! The holidays are notorious for weight gain. My mom makes this wonderful fantasy fudge that everyone crammers for and family expects at the family get together. So she makes a ton of it, and everyone complains about how rich it is and they shouldn't have it, but they do anyway. Then they complain like you that they've gained too much weight. Hope you enjoy today. Wish I could get my husband to cook. He even took culinary classes when he was in high school and about the only thing I can get him to fix are microwave dishes and one actual meal. Oh well, I don't mind cooking and actually find that it relaxes me sometimes. Unlike the first time I made Thanksgiving dinner. I don't know who was freaking out more, me or Matt. I so wanted everything to be perfect, and it was. Take care.

Jessica

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.