Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Morning Check In
lotus posted:
It is 530 and I am awake. I never get up this earlier. My body aches a little from the the work yesterday. I have a question. I mentioned that my spelling has become terrible the last few months. Around the time I had my manic episode. Easy words, like book. I can look at the word and know it is misspelled, but can't for the life of me figure out how to spell it. Could it be due to meds, my bipolar, or God forbid, early stage of dementia. Maybe Dr. G could have some idea.
I have empathy towards the members who not only are dealing with BP, but are dealing with other medical issues. Such as pain, decrease mobility and the like. I can't imagine how you do it. I admire you.

Mood -9 (1 -10. 1 being the worse and 10 feeling the best)

Goal for the day. Go through all my important papers and bills that are all over the place ( including the floor) . Organize, file and pay bills.

I wish everyone a nice day.

lexismom11 responded:
Good morning:

You were up early today. I don't know the answer to the question. It would be a good question for Dr. G. I personally haven't experienced that but I wouldn't freak out about it just yet. Hopefully you will be able to accomplish your goal today. Take it easy though because you are already sore.

davedsel57 responded:
Good morning.

Some of us just have trouble with spelling. I love the fact that the browser I use (Firefox) has a built-in spell checker.

We mall walked this morning and I feel great. I made it to a little more than half-way and then back, so that is a bit more than a half-mile walked.

My goal for today if physically possible it so pick up big stuff in the living room (pet toys, papers, etc.) and try and vacuum. Then if able my wife and I want to set up our fiber optic Christmas tree.

Have a blessed and fantastic Friday, friends.
Please click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bpcookie responded:
Lotus, if you don't mind me asking, what is your age? The older I have gotten the worse my spelling has become. Thank God I have spell check but sometimes spell check can't even figure out what I'm trying to spell. I have trouble remembering small words too. Also, trying to form a correct paragraph is impossible!!!!

I'm 48 and I'm going to blame years of bipolar meds and menopause.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

sandtiger responded:
Lotus -

I've had some trouble with things like that - spelling and reading and stringing complete sentences together. Usually it was because of the meds I'm on, but even now, when I'm not on those meds any longer (I think it was Seroquel, but I'm not sure), when I'm manic and dissociating badly, everything gets jumbled up and so confusing. Those times are the worst...

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

lotus replied to sandtiger's response:
Dave, please be careful. The things you listed to do sound like a lot. Maybe it is me, I get exhausted when I just vacume. I am 58 and I am over menopause.
San, you posted that manic episoded make it worse. Come to think about it, it started around the same time of my hypomanic symptoms. I just feel like a dumb fool when it happens. Thanks for info. Donna

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
112 of 129 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.