Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
New Therapist
monkeybee posted:
I haven't talked with a therapist in years but I am going back. She seemed so sweet and I am both excited and nervous to meet with her. Its different talking about things in person than online. Anyway, I have a lot of energy and nothing to do with it so I thought I'd ramble to you gals. Do you have good experiences with therapy? Do you trust a therapist easily or has it taken you a while to find the right one?

What do you do with your energy if its late or the middle of the night? I write or read, but sometimes I wish I could run or drive or something. Sometimes when I'm not thinking clearly, I do those things, but most of the time I don't. My husband usually has something to say about it. I get embarassed if he "catches" me awake in the middle of the night anyway.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Monkey hun, It took me a long while to really find a therapist that I could trust. My first tdoc used to tell me all her problems. *rolling eyes*, my second was a guy who I really couldnt talk to or take seriously, 3rd was a very nice man who made me feel good about myself but eventually my ins. wouldn't cover him anymore, but #4 was perfect. She was understanding and didn't judge me. I felt like I could tell her anything. I don't see her anymore but every now and then I will email her and let her know how I'm doing and also I will email her secretary. I really liked them both.

At night when I have too much energy to sleep, I will take a Lunesta and watch tv while I'm in bed. Eventually I cant keep my eyes open.

Oh goodness, here I am blabbing. When I post or reply, I tend to blab.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

sandtiger responded:
I've been in between therapists for a while now, and I just saw a new one today. It went pretty well, but of course its hard to say whether that will last or not, so we'll see ...

At night if I'm wide awake I try to read or do something that makes me sit still. If I absolutely HAVE to move, I try to wash/dry/put up clothes, because it's sooooo boring, it usually makes me tired. LOL

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
cookie,

I love your blabbing...almost as much as I love the fact that you've included me despite the raging mad, mellodramatic, posts I had when I first came on here. I know I'm super sappy emotional still, but it almost makes me cry. I really thought I would never come back but I totally needed this. Who else understands how hard just coming to terms with it is?

I'll let you know how my appt goes. Its tomorrow mornning which is awesome. Sat is perfect for me.

monkeybee replied to sandtiger's response:
Sandtiger,

I'm glad today went well and I hope it stays that way.

Laundry...ugh...I'd rather pace back and forth. But yeah, it will bore you to sleep. LOL

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.