Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Snowy!!!!
jselleck posted:
Hi girl!!! I'm doing good, how have things been with you??? Missed seeing you on the board lately, soooo glad to see you back with us. Other than having to change therapists at the beginning of the year because the one I was seeing had to close her practice due to family issues, life has been good. Luckily I found a wonderful one only 7 minutes away. Unfortunetly he may be moving to the east coast to finish his education. Guess I just can't win no matter what. Matt and I have been getting along pretty good. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in July with a little getaway, and other than our truck being in the shop most of last month and the majority so far of this, I can't really complain. We finally did get the truck back friday and so far it's running okay. Matt has been having some health issues, but at least my bp isn't kicking our butts like it usually does. How have you been doing?? Are you still feeding that little stray Peanut?? Our two cats Jack and Peabody are still giving us much joy. Peabody's latest trick is to burrow under blankets and nibble on Matt's toes. Drives him crazy, but it's sooo cute. Our latest headache is that the complex is having to put down new carpet in our apartment thanks to the city. I haven't been this tired or sore in years. What usually takes at least a month to do we've had to do in five days. I'm so fed up and upset. Would move except for two things. We would have to pay thousands for breaking our lease and Matt loves it here. So we're getting new carpet for Christmas and breaking our backs and checking account to do so. Sigh. To every bad side, there's a bright side, my uncle always said. Just wish the bright side was a little brighter. So no, we haven't actually moved, just had to move our stuff out temporarily. And I hope I never have to do so again!!! Unless we're actually moving to a new apartment or our own house. That's about all that's going on in my life. May start substitute teaching again in January. Depends on if the school system is hiring and my counselors says it's okay to do so. Hope they do. We desperately need to earn some extra money next year and after this experience with moving, I don't think I can do anything else where I would have to be on my feet most of the day. At least it's something I enjoy doing and miss. Take care and talk to ya later.

JSelleck

snowyowl33 responded:
Hey J,

So sorry I missed this post somewhere along the way. Glad to hear things are not too shabby in your neck of the woods (except for your doc situation...) I gave up on looking for a new one after the terrible situation with the first one I ever had. I just couldn't do that again but I think it's really important for peeps to have a good supportive p/t doc in their lives. Hope this new one stays put, cause 7 minutes away is awesome!!! lol

Yes, my little furry monster came with me when I moved to a new place, and was NOT impressed with having to stay inside the apartment for the required adjustment period. He had never used a littler box, and when I finally got him to figure out what it was, watching him balance on the rim of the box while he did his business was hysterical, but made me feel awful cause I knew he hated it, so we looked at each other one day (when he was sitting on the windowsill longing to go out ) and I told him, if I let you go out, you better come back....... I held my breath and opened the window......something told me he would be fine and would know how to get back..... 6 hours later after me losing my mind with worry and wandering around my neighbourhood in tears shaking the treats bag, he comes wandering around the corner and looks at me like I've lost my mind. He wasn't quite so casual when I scooped him up and almost squeezed his insides out by hugging him so tight! hahahahahah

ok, gotta run sorry late for work!! Big hugs hon, great to see you too!

Hugs Snowy
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.