Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    phycotic break?
    Kim_BPH posted:
    how would i get out of a phsycotic break without seeing a doctor or being hospitalized??? evreryone thinks i need to see a doctor but my mo wont take me. im shaking and havent stopped( i started shaking tuesday) i cant eat posoinous foor or drink toxic water. i havent for 5 days. chairs are floating, sidewalk moves, sidewalk dented in and i fell into cement steps, my school upstairs colapsed, and im having conversations with people that others dont see. ( im probably hallucinating. i need to know what to do befor i lose grip of the little reality i have left.
    ddnos responded:
    I would admit yourself to the hospital. I don't know how old you are, so if you can't drive and your mom won't take you, then call 911 when she's not looking because if she won't help take care of you now when you need it, you have to take care of yourself, and right now, doing that seems to be getting yourself into hospital - from the sounds of things anyway. Or you could call a friend to take you if you don't want to call 911 - either way, I'd get to the hospital like you said, before you get much worse!

    Good reaching out!
    Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
    Kim_BPH replied to ddnos's response:
    have a school cop, if i need to i can have him take me. i just cant check myself in. so my only option is waiting til things get bad enough that the police have to step in. which is why i was trying to find something to try. but thank u. i know im gonna end up in the hospital, its just a matter of when. my only worry is that i will lose reality completely while im waiting to be put somewhere.
    ddnos replied to Kim_BPH's response:
    Why do you think you have to wait until things get much worse before you go to the hospital? It's not a good idea to wait until things get lots worse because you never know just how bad it will get or what you may do, etc. I would encourage you to either call 911 for them to check you into the hospital so that you can keep yourself safe.

    Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
    sandtiger responded:
    Debs has a point - please don't wait. If you're hallucinating and that many things have happened, you've probably waited too late already. Speak with them today - please. They should be able to get the help you need...

    ~ San
    :: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::
    monkeybee replied to sandtiger's response:

    This happened to me earlier this year with different symptoms. Before I came down, I believed God was talking to me and thought I had experienced Heaven. But then I started to believe he was telling me to do dangerous things (and I would do what he said) and I became paranoid. I wish someone had suggested I get help early on when I believed God was testing me and having anxiety attacks; then maybe it would not have escalated. Hopefully you've already gotten help but if not, please do. If you don't get help, it will probably get worse and your safety will be in jeapordy.

    I wish you the best,

    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
    Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    116 of 133 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.