Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Twisted Tuesday Daily Bipolar Post/ poss. triggers
bpcookie posted:
Good morning my dahling Beepers, can I get a beep from all of ya? *beep*

Weather: pool water is frozen, so I'm going to go ice fishing. Its actually starting to look and feel like winter. Weather changes quickly in Az.

Sleep: had to get up to use the rest room all night. My Dr.s keep telling me that I'm dehydrated and to drink lots of water, so its all their fault.

Mood: pretty good. I'm in the holiday spirit.

Plans: If my Lyrica actually works on my pain and it doesnt send me off to La La Land, then I will do a bit of shopping. Perhaps work on another purse. (I have an ever growing collection but I don't know what to do with them all). I will also do some chores.

Thats all folks. Have a good day. muahs
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

monkeybee responded:
Beep Beep!

Weather: Still cold!

Mood:

Sleep: Much better

Plans: Don't know yet.

Have a good day everyone!

DizzyJgirl responded:

Weather: Cold

Sleep: so-so, bad dream

Mood: so-so. I am trying though

Plans: Went to the store (looking quite fab if I do say so myself, thanks to some very cool eyeshadow..wink, wink, nudge, nudge and thank you Cookie!!). Just hope to clean, do some baking and putter around the house. Dh is home with a day off and driving me crazy. Overall, I seem to be doing well on my lower lithium dose. Makes me wonder why I was on such a high dose for so long.

One of my new favorite bands: Upbeat kind of song for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8PrTzLaLHc
Live Life Loud

monkeybee replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
I love the graphics ladies and thanks for sharing the song Dizzy. I've a hard day and appreciate the optimism. I'm glad you are doing better. I don't know if its meds not working or just me that's making me so sad. I know I just started taking them 6 weeks ago and probably need to give it time. In the meantime, I hope I don't go into a depression as deep as before because I don't know if I'll find my way out. I don't know if I can do it. I know I'm so emotional and that is talking more than my rational thoughts.

DizzyJgirl replied to monkeybee's response:
Sorry to here you are still sad. I really fight it at this time of year. I am trying so hard to not give into it.
When my meds started working for me it was very gradual. One day I realized I was actually off the couch and making dinner...without really thinking about it for the first time in months (and months).There were no sudden feelings of "I'm doing better" really, it just took me a while to recognize the subtle (but positive) changes.
We understand how emotions can take over. So feel free to share anytime with us. Hugs,
Live Life Loud

bpcookie responded:
Monkeybee, Dizzy huns, so sorry that your feeling down. Just think, two more weeks till Christmas. Perhaps if you get out of the house and walk around your neighborhood and look at all the decorated housed, it may just make you smile.

Have you two been good this year??? Or naughty? Take care, both of you. hugs
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

monkeybee replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Thanks Dizzy. I have been up and down lately. I have even wondered if the meds have made me up and then down because the mood shifts have come more frequently. Like for instance, my doc upped my dose of Abilify late last week and now after just a couple days of feeling down, I'm crying all day and can't get out of my head. I'm sensitive to everything. And when I first started taking Lamictal about 6 weeks ago I was in hyper drive. I have no idea what's going on but the changes alone are making me crazy! I don't even know whether or not I'm still delusional because I'm embarrassed to admit some of the things I believe. You guys have honestly helped me a lot. I'm glad you said that about the emotions taking over because I'm telling you, after every post, especially the mellodramatic ones like today I feel anxious and like I should give this up. You and Cookie both said not to worry about it but it embarrasses me. I just don't know who I am in all this or what to do. I feel so lost from all of this nonsense and I desperately want to be better. I know all of you can probably relate!

monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
You are too sweet miss Cookie Thanks for the suggestion too. I've been mostly good. You?

Hugs!
Sarah

ddnos responded:
Weather - mid 40's and rain

Sleep - too much

Mood - melancholy, discouraged

Plans - slept plans away-if can just get self in the shower, i will be happy. Well, not really happy, but at least I will have accomplished something today. I think I did too much yesterday - plus, been going through a rough period physically that is getting old. I know it will get better as it always does, but this time is effecting me a bit more, I guess.
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
I'm bbbaaaadddddd. Santa is going to bring me coal.

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
aaaawwwww Doodles my Dahling, I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. Freaking pain is driving me crazy as I know that your pain is doing the same. hhhhmmmm, wait, we were already crazy. Can we be double crazy?? Hang in there sweetie. muahs

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.