Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Wild Wed. Daily Bipolar Post/ poss. triggers
bpcookie posted:
Hello dahlings

Weather: chilly

Sleep: ok

Mood: depressed. My LSC has dragged me down into that black pit of depression. Its going to be another Christmas with pain. I plainly remember last Christmas, sitting on the couch opening gifts and the entire time I'm thinking "I'm in pain, I'm in pain...".

Plans: I'm having another temp. procedure done. Its just the same ole thing though. Two temp procedures, $80 each one, then follow up visit $40, then the real procedure $80 and perhaps another procedure $80. Ive already been through this circle before. If this doesnt work then I will go in another circle of procedures, apts and money again. Two years of this pain and nothing has helped. I just don't know what to do.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

ddnos responded:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cookie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry that they haven't found anything yet that will stop/fix/cure this pain permenantly! I know you've had "moments" where it's gotten better, but nothing long lasting! I'm so sorry! That must be totally frustrating and discouraging!

I know that you said that it's going to be another Christmas with pain, but I'm hoping that the pain will lift for you, if no other day, but Christmas! I'm holding onto hope for you; not only for Christmas, but that your doctors will SOON be able to find something that will relieve you of the pain for good!

Big hugs!

Weather - low 40's and cloudy; off and on rain

Sleep - Ok

Mood - so far Ok

Plans - get out for an extra long walk; maybe stop by the store to pick up a few things; chat with my Aussie friend this afternoon; watch and be impressed with Carly Rose on The X Factor this evening; there's a few other things on my list but I don't remember what they are and too lazy to get up and check. lol OH! Gotta call my DVR counselor as I got a letter yesterday saying I was approved again for service, so have to call to make an appt with her.

Have a good day, everyone!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

monkeybee responded:
Ahhh...Cookie, I'm so sorry!!! I wish there was something we could do to help you . I can't imagine that kind of chronic pain. I hope the procedure will at least bring you some relief. I know this is probably

Its not much, but if I can get the link to work, here is a Christmas song (its an oldie) that always brings me joy: http://youtu.be/57g15E-N9dg . I hope tomorrow brings you sunshine and less pain!

monkeybee replied to monkeybee's response:
Weather - burrr...baby its cold outside!

Sleep - little

Mood - down

Plans - nothing much this afternoon, hopefully this evening we'll finish decorating the tree. More holiday cheer is needed in this house!

sandtiger responded:
((HUGS Cookie)) I know saying 'hope it gets better' sounds trite, but I really do ...

Weather: rainy, rainy

Sleep: insomnia half of night, then dragging bad this morning

Mood: hypomanic, mixed ... moving slow and sitting still, but buzzing beneath my skin

Plans: signed-up for an ADAA Webinar for tonight, about end-of-year and holiday anxieties. Plan to 'attend' that after I get dinner and bath ready for Mr. B, then maybe do an art craft I printed up with him after it, if we have time before bed.

~ San
:: Living is more than just being alive - Anberlin ::

jselleck replied to sandtiger's response:
Cookie, so sorry you're having pain issues. I feel your pain girl. Between packing, loading, and unloading all our stuff, I can barely walk. I was in so much pain this morning I could barely get out of bed. Hope you feel better soon.

Weather: Cold, cold, cold. Winter has arrived, no doubt about it. Got down in the 20's last night and only up into the 40's this afternoon.

Sleep: Not enough. Tired all afternoon.

Mood: Not too bad, other than a slight tiff with Matt. Couldn't really complain.

Plans: Watched some cable before checking out of the hotel we had treated ourselves to, as a reward for all the hard work we had done the past few weeks. Came home and chilled a while before having a meeting with our marriage counselor. Went really well. Got the okay to hopefully start substitute teaching next month that is if the school system in our town is hiring. Got my fingers crossed. Afterwards went grocery shopping then came home and crashed. That's our day. Hope everyone else had a good day. Cookie sorry you're in such pain. Hoping that things turn around for you soon. It's never fun to be sick, yet alone during the holidays. Hugs, my friend.

JSelleck

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Medications for BPD
Please get a second opinion if you have chronic problems with your BPD medication. I changed doctors and got a proper diagnosis from ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.