Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Been in hospital
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
Well, more than a week ago; I started seeing and hearing things that were not real. I started to freak out. I called pdoc and talked to him and he said go to the ER and then get transferred to another hospital that has a psych unit. Everyone recognized me so they weren't sure why until I told them what was going on. They realized this was totally different than depression. It turns out I was getting too much anti-psychotic med so he lowered the dosage to 15 mgs of Abilify. Still on depakote though. Since last tues I have not had any symptoms of hallucinations. so he released me Friday.

beej

ddnos responded:
Hey Beej! I'm glad you're home and are feeling better! That must have been scary for you, huh? It's a good thing they discovered what the problem was, so easy as just lowering your med - that's good!

Thanks for sharing and welcome home! I hope you continue to feel well!

Hugs
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
welcome back. glad you are better.

bpcookie responded:
Its good to have you back honey. I'm so very glad that they found the reason as to why you were hearing things. Big hugs honey
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

snowyowl33 responded:
(((((((((Beej))))))) sorry I missed this post, glad your doing better.... and back here on the board. Good that they figured out what the problem was and got your meds adjusted, that must have been horrible!

Big hugs

Snowy
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

snowyowl33 responded:
(((((((Beej))))))

Sorry I missed this post hon! I'm glad your doing better too and that the docs figured out what was going on. That must have been really nasty for you. Sending big hugs and good to have you home and back here.

Snowy
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Patience for the Holidays and every day life
Tips 1. Boredom can make it difficult to be patient. If you're waiting in the doctor's office and the only thing you can concentrate on is ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.