Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Newbie :-)
bleuflower posted:
Hello Everyone,

It is hard for me to reach out to others about my bipolar or ask for help. I thought this community might be a good place to start to meet people who are going through some similar challenges as I am. I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. Just posting this is a big step for me, so that is all for tonight. Merry Christmas.

snowyowl33 responded:
Hello Bleuflower,

Welcome to the board! You've found a good place, with lots of great people who are always willing to offer whatever they can in the way of support, insight, answers, advice and sometimes just an ear. We're all traveling on different journeys and are at different stages in dealing/working/coping/maintaining our bipolar disorder.

We look forward to hearing more about you and congratulations for taking this very big step forward, good for you! There is also a Doctor on the Board to answer any specific medical questions you might have, Just put Dr.G in the post title and he will answer when he has a minute.

Jump in whenever you feel like joining in, we don't bite..... well most of us don't.....keep an eye out for the one named Slik Kitty...... .. just kidding!...

The board will probably be a bit quiet over the holidays, but there's always someone around to chat with....

Snowy
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

bleuflower replied to snowyowl33's response:
Hi Snowy,

Thank you for warm welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

A little bit about me...I am 35 and live in southern california. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar I for about 5 years but have known there was something different about my mood swings way before that.

I also struggle with an eating disorder that has switched back and forth from anorexia and bulmina over the years.

I am taking seroquel 600mg, lamictal 300mg, topamax 200mg, prozac 40mg.

This past year has been awful for me. I stopped taking my medicine. I was hospitalized involuntarily for failed suicide attempts 3 times.

I am finishing up law school, I have a year left. Law school has been really difficult and stressful for me. Before law school I got my Masters degree. Before that I had I had a series of jobs where I led backpacking trips. I am very restless and not able to stay with one thing.

That's alot huh...well I look forward to meeting everyone.

bpcookie responded:
Hello Beuflower, its so very nice to meet you. I'm glad you found us. I think you will like all the ppl here. We have all become very good friends and we always welcome new friends. Merry Christmas.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

jselleck replied to bpcookie's response:
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! So glad to meet you Beuflower. You'll find that we're a very welcoming and caring bunch of nuts. (just kidding, we're not all nuts, just very interesting people.) I think Dnos or maybe one of the other girls lives in California also. Me, I'm from the awesome state of Indiana, but currently reside in North Texas. I have a BA in Spanish, but like you have held many differently jobs due to my bp. Currently I'm a house wife, but hope to reenter the work force next year. Maybe as a substitute teacher. Anyhow, hope you have a great Christmas and a happy healthy New Year.

JSelleck

monkeybee replied to jselleck's response:
Hi Beuflower!

Welcome to the board! I'm a newbie too and I love it here! I know you will too! Its great to meet you and learn aboout you. Post as much as you want and you will get wonderful feedback! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Sarah

bleuflower replied to bpcookie's response:
Thank you for welcoming me Bpcookie! I am looking forward to getting to know you and everyone better. Hope you a very Merry Christmas.

bleuflower replied to jselleck's response:
Hi Jselleck, thanks for welcoming me. I also am originally from the midwest, I grew in Chicago, we used to go to the sand dunes in Indiana when I was a kid. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. Hope you had a merry Christmas.

bleuflower replied to monkeybee's response:
Hi there Monkeybee, thank you for your warm welcome. I am really looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else. So glad to hear that you love the community here it makes me very hopeful, thank you!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
69 of 92 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.