Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

    *No Dr Outside Contact Please*
    No one to talk to about my bipolar
    An_249608 posted:
    I have been bipolar for many years and it doesnt get any better. My doctor doesnt want to change my medicine even though i tell him repeatedly that it is not working. I get overwhelmed when i am around people then i get manic and make a perfect fool out of myself.I talk too loud say inapprobiate things,then i come home and think about it and just want to die.Its like something takes over and i cant control it.It really is a bipolar hell.After these episodes if i could close my eyes and die i would.
    ddnos responded:
    Hello - if you're doctor won't change your meds and is completely closed minded about that, then it's time to find a different doctor! May I ask what kind of doctor you are seeing? Is he a psychiatrist or a general practitioner? It's best to see someone who is qualified and trained in psychotropic medications, i.e. a psychiatrist - not that all of them are good at what they do. But regardless of what kind of doctor you are seeing, he is obviously not helping you, nor willing to listen to what you say about how the meds are working or not working for you. You don't need to stay with someone like that, and in fact, if you do stay, you're not going to get better and yo'll be wasting your time and money. So do yourself a favor and somehow find a new doc.

    Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
    snowyowl33 responded:
    Hi An_249608,

    Have you explained in detail how you are feeling to your doctor, and why exactly you are wanting to review your meds?
    What reasons is he giving for not wanting to change/adjust them?
    Are any of the meds you're taking now geared towards helping you with anxiety?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of your situation.

    Welcome to the Board, we are here to help however we are able.

    People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama
    gabzgrl responded:
    I had similar issues. Changed doctors and it made a world of difference. It also helped me to have a woman doctor and not a man, because I'm a woman and my psychiatrist had a very patronizing attitude. If I didn't want anti-depressants because I know i'm prone to mania--he'd chalk it up to being med resistant or in denial. Now I'm getting too much help. Haha.

    Featuring Experts

    Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

    Helpful Tips

    Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
    Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    116 of 133 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.