Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
No one to talk to about my bipolar
An_249608 posted:
I have been bipolar for many years and it doesnt get any better. My doctor doesnt want to change my medicine even though i tell him repeatedly that it is not working. I get overwhelmed when i am around people then i get manic and make a perfect fool out of myself.I talk too loud say inapprobiate things,then i come home and think about it and just want to die.Its like something takes over and i cant control it.It really is a bipolar hell.After these episodes if i could close my eyes and die i would.

ddnos responded:
Hello - if you're doctor won't change your meds and is completely closed minded about that, then it's time to find a different doctor! May I ask what kind of doctor you are seeing? Is he a psychiatrist or a general practitioner? It's best to see someone who is qualified and trained in psychotropic medications, i.e. a psychiatrist - not that all of them are good at what they do. But regardless of what kind of doctor you are seeing, he is obviously not helping you, nor willing to listen to what you say about how the meds are working or not working for you. You don't need to stay with someone like that, and in fact, if you do stay, you're not going to get better and yo'll be wasting your time and money. So do yourself a favor and somehow find a new doc.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

snowyowl33 responded:
Hi An_249608,

Have you explained in detail how you are feeling to your doctor, and why exactly you are wanting to review your meds?
What reasons is he giving for not wanting to change/adjust them?
Are any of the meds you're taking now geared towards helping you with anxiety?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of your situation.

Welcome to the Board, we are here to help however we are able.

Snowy
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. Dalai Lama

gabzgrl responded:
I had similar issues. Changed doctors and it made a world of difference. It also helped me to have a woman doctor and not a man, because I'm a woman and my psychiatrist had a very patronizing attitude. If I didn't want anti-depressants because I know i'm prone to mania--he'd chalk it up to being med resistant or in denial. Now I'm getting too much help. Haha.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

new
hello everyone.. new to this..hope to talk to others who knows how it is having bipolar. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.