Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Do I have Reactive Hypoglycemia
AFAB_COL posted:
On my last blood test my post glucose (after I had breakfast and then took a blood sample 2 hours later) it came back as 65ml/dl is this too low or is it a normal reading I am 19 years old, I am not overweight in fact I am underweight, I don't smoke and no one in my family has diabetes and I personally never rely had sweat tooth. They said this could be sign of reactive hypoglycemia and lead to insulin resistance and then type 2 diabetes. The doctor recommended me to eat more often and to let my pancreas normalize it's insulin production.
I this possible I don't want to become a diabetes not with all of the risks it brings.

Take the Poll

• yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

ddnos responded:
HI Afab_col -

We are not doctors here, so I would consult with your doctor about it, and if you're not confident about his/her diagnosis, then I'd seek out a second opinion.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.