Tryin no to b in denial
Not2shabby posted:
This is my first discussion. I was diagnosed with bp 1 about 2 yrs. ago. I am not sure why but I have a really hard time accepting this. I am however, taking my meds faithfully because I know I am really susceptible to depression. Do alot of people feel this way?

monkeybee responded:
Hi Not2shabby and welcome to the board! It took me years and a second serious episode to even acknowledge that I had it and I still have trouble accepting it. It is normal to feel this way and takes time for some people (like you and me ). I have just started therapy again and that seems to help and I know many on this board would also recommed that. Have you tried it? A good therapist can help! Also, stick around here, if you need support or need to vent, this is a great place to do it. No one will think you're crazy, I've learned this first hand. I hope it gets easier for you!

Monkeybee

Not2shabby replied to monkeybee's response:
I have had therepy for the last 2 yrs. Thanks for the welcome. I just take my meds and luckily I do not have bad side effects. It is nice to know it is "normal" to feel this way.

Not2shabby

bpcookie responded:
Hello, Welcome to the board.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)