Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Tryin no to b in denial
Not2shabby posted:
This is my first discussion. I was diagnosed with bp 1 about 2 yrs. ago. I am not sure why but I have a really hard time accepting this. I am however, taking my meds faithfully because I know I am really susceptible to depression. Do alot of people feel this way?

monkeybee responded:
Hi Not2shabby and welcome to the board! It took me years and a second serious episode to even acknowledge that I had it and I still have trouble accepting it. It is normal to feel this way and takes time for some people (like you and me ). I have just started therapy again and that seems to help and I know many on this board would also recommed that. Have you tried it? A good therapist can help! Also, stick around here, if you need support or need to vent, this is a great place to do it. No one will think you're crazy, I've learned this first hand. I hope it gets easier for you!

Monkeybee

Not2shabby replied to monkeybee's response:
I have had therepy for the last 2 yrs. Thanks for the welcome. I just take my meds and luckily I do not have bad side effects. It is nice to know it is "normal" to feel this way.

Not2shabby

bpcookie responded:
Hello, Welcome to the board.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 90 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.