Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Update my mom - OT
ddnos posted:
Well, I just talked with my sister, who talked with my brother, who told her that the lawyer told my mom that she should get a divorce! I haven't talked with my mom yet - I didn't want to call her because I knew she would be tired and stressed; also, she told my brother to ask us not to call her tonight. I will let her call me when she's ready. My sister seems to think that my mom is starting to lean toward leaving that SObeee!! I hope that's true! Like I've said, I am not normally one to push or encourage divorce, but this one is LONG overdue! Just thinking about how he treats my mom makes me furious! There's MUCH more to it than just how he treats her, but there aren't enough words to even go there! I think he should reimburse me the extra money I've had to spend on therapy because of this whole mess! lol

ANyway, that's as much as I know about her meeting with the lawyer today! I will likely know more tomorrow or the next.

Thanks for your support and listening ear.

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
yw. i hope she follows advice.

bpcookie responded:
Debbie Doodles Dahling, I'm crossing my fingers honey. Also, I know what you mean when you said you don't normally push divorce. Im in the same boat....kinda. I know one girl who I wish would end her relationship, sooner the better. "hey girl, mom knows best" hehehe.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

ddnos responded:
Thanks Kitty and Cookie!

I just talked with my mom and I asked her where she was at re divorce - she said that she was sort of in the middle, but leaning toward divorce. She is still on the "dillusional" side of thinking that he's going to change. She was saying something like she would maybe give him six months to see if his behavior changes. In my head, I'm thinking "like, right! He's NOT going to change" but I didn't say anything to her at that moment. Later, I did say to her that I thought she was a bit in denial and unrealistically holding out too much hope for him to change when he hasns't changed in over 23 years.

I gave her a suggestion of something she could do to help her in her decision. NOt that this alone would make or break it, but would be helpful. I said that instead of focussing on whether to divorce him or not, to write a pros and cons list of everything she could think of for both sides, and then when she was finished, decide if she could continue to live with the cons - would she be happy with things like that - not hoping for them to change, but as they are, do you want to live like that from now on. She liked the idea after discussing it awhile. I don't know if she'll actually do it, but the idea is out there for her to do if she wants. One thing I know for sure is that she is NOT happy with Jeff and all that he is doing and doesn't want to live like she is the rest of hers or Jeffs life. She's just having a hard time doing anything about it. Hopefully she will soon!

Thanks again for your support!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

skypper responded:
ty for the update and my ears are always open
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

ddnos replied to skypper's response:
michelle, is your email stil lthe same?

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
Yes it is, well I've got 3 or 4 but they all work!
And I did receive your last email I just haven't had time to sit down at the computer for a length of time to gather my thoughts up for a reply. I promise I will once I get a little free time, you wouldn't believe how hectic it's been over here, or maybe you would, just a whole lot going on.
~Sky~

ddnos replied to skypper's response:
So get with the friggen program, Michelle! Sheeeeeeesh! Just cus I took forever doesn't mean you have to! lol

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
~Sky~

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Differentiating bipolar disorder from borderline personality disorderExpert
Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people can very easily become angry and upset in response to stresses -- especially ... More
Was this Helpful?
109 of 126 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.