Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
bi-polar 2
An_249784 posted:
I have recently been diagnosed with this bi-polar disease. I am now exploring medication to find 'the one'. It has been very difficult especially having a depression just kept at bay.

People tell me there is positive change in my behavior and communication; but it takes all I can just to let the meds work and pray it stops the cycling of moods. Maybe then I will be able to cover both the depression and the swings. That would be peace. It seems I must be very positive that there is anything at available at all.

I am grateful for this discussion, not feeling so isolated.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. since you are recently diagnosed, it may take time to find the right meds to help you. don't give up. they are out there.

bpcookie responded:
Hello, Like Kitty said, it may take time to find the right meds. So try to be patient. Then, when you've found the right meds, been on them for a while, you will start to feel normal again. Things will get better. Welcome to the board.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Screen out people who can't seem to "get it"....
There are some people who can't or won't understand at all. My wife is bipolar, and some people are more understanding than others. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.