Skip to content

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
sleep, depressed
ddnos posted:
got lots done so far today - just got home at 12:30, and tho glad got them things done, feel suddenly depressed and need to go to sleep. feel as though literally can't stay awake - not in my control. i hate hav to take pill to stay awake - can't do so at this point bcus you hav to take it beofre 10 a.m. or else yuo be up all night. i don't normally hav to take anything to stay awake if i been up , shower, and out of house. so don't know why today is different. i know oculd close my eyes and be sleep. so why not do so? cus don't want to mess up night time sleep. why cant sleep be easy?
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
awwww i love your pic of sonny and tigger. hugs

ibex7 responded:
You have my sympathy, Debbie. In early texts, bipolar is described as a diurnal illness, connected to our body clocks.

BTDT, Hon, big (((HUGS))) - goat

monkeybee replied to ibex7's response:
Goat,

When I see a post from you, I have more than once had to google a word's definition. You are blessed with a mind of knowledge (or maybe I'm just not )! Interesting fact!

Debbie,

I hope today is going much better than yesterday. Were you able to spend time with your sister and get her floors done? I hope her beautiful glasswork and time will help you feel better. It seems you've had a rough time lately.

Hugs,
Sarah

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
lol Kitty, I was waiting for you to notice it because I knew that of all people, you would love it most! Sonny was pretending that Tigger was a horse. LOL I know, I'm weird! lol
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
Thanks goat!

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
Thanks Sarah,

We worked on her carpet Saturday, but it didn't help much, but we had fun anyway. She made us (me and her husband) homemade, gluten free, blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and they were yummy! Plus, we had real butter and REAL maple syrup! Double yummy!

Yeah, mostly been a bit "off" for the past few days, but thankfully, not the whole day of those days. I think that part of the problem is hormonal - I think that's just adding to things. But things could be worse and things always get better, so I'm not without hope - the one thing that keeps me moving forward in spite of how I may be feeling.

Have a great day!
Debbie

ibex7 replied to monkeybee's response:
Sarah,

Flattery is a sure way to hold an old goat's attention, deserved or not! Hee hee. DDNOS is well versed in bipolar, too. (She has repeatedly refused my proposals of matrimony).

In the last 32 years, I have consumed 104 lbs of lithium, and have avoided county jails, and bankruptcy. I am comfortable working with ladies mostly working in hospital laboratories before I retired last year. My lifestyle is that of group support and I have regular pdoc physicals.

That's a brief run down on me. Welcome to the board.

ddnos replied to ibex7's response:
lol Goat

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
Hey doodles, I like that one!
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

ibex7 replied to ddnos's response:

monkeybee replied to ddnos's response:
Homemade blueberry pancakes with real butter AND real maple syrup? Perfecto! Your sis sounds pretty awesome! I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks again, by the way, for loading me with encouragement last week. I needed it.

monkeybee replied to ibex7's response:
Thanks for the welcome and lol! I understand why you would propose to MS. DDNOS. She kinda kicks butt from what I know of her. As for her refusal, I cannot speak.

104 lbs of lithium, huh? And still hanging in there? That's comforting. When I was young, I didn't respond to Lithium but did respond to Lamictal w/ an antipsychotic. I took nothing for years. This go round, my pdoc started right back on the the combo that worked before. That the pamplet for the antipsychotic is 2 feet long front and back is a little disconcerting. I can only imagine the long term effects.

Anyway, thanks for the run down . I'm a stay at home mom of 2 and I also homeschool and babysit my nieces and nephew. That in itself will make one crazy, lol! That's my run down .Its nice to meet you, Goat!

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
Goat, thats because Debbie is waiting for me to propose. But I keep telling her that Im already married.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
Monkey honey bunny, I will break down the pamphlet code for you.

Antipsychotic drug that Monkey is taking:

Right now its your happy pill. 30 years from now you will grow fuzzy pointed ears, a tail and start talking to ppl by saying "Hee Haw, Hee Haw"

So, I wouldn't worry about a thing honey.
You may go through life hearing a 1000 NO's but don't give up because your YES is out there waiting for you.- (Something my father told me.)

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

Kee pyour head up
Don't let this illness bring you down. Always keep you head to the sky because someone is watching you and I. Sometimes this illness can ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.