Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Will love conquer all?
Msgiva posted:
About a month ago I met a man on an online dating site. We started phone conversations almost immediately. Those conversations could last for up to 3 hours per night. In this time I feel we know more about one another than I did in a 20 year marriage. I like him very much. Unfortunately we have not met in person. He was very upfront with me and told me he was bipolar. I realize, after living with an aunt and an ex boyfriend who were bipolar, that even though the intentions are good, even on meds, for some reason the disease makes it hard to follow through. I also know not to push things because they can retreat under pressure. So, I remain patient and know that there will be that good day when a meeting will happen. He had only been on lithium for. Two weeks when we met so maybe the drug is new to him. Excuses, excuses, I know. I feel I should give this a chance. That its worth it. I am not naive, and realize there will be good and bad days. I hope I can be so grateful for those good days that I can deal with he bad. What do you think?

slik_kitty responded:
you've only known each other for a month. give it some time.

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

JUST BREATHE!!!!
I did it! I'm where I need to be. I'm in waiting room, listining to a suggested song~ Fast Car ~ My all time fav. Thanks for the reminder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.