Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
Recently Diagnosed with Bipolar type 2
An_249926 posted:
Female age 42.......family history of this and similar disorders. I have managed to control most of my "disorder" for years. Due to different situations throughout my adult years, this is where control was lost.
VERY IMPORTANT: *Keep a daily journal of feelings, moods, symptoms and medications.
If I had know that my issues were not just the bad things happening in my life, I would have enjoyed my life with the help of medications and other therapies. This disorder, although is more of a functioning person, it can be dabilitating when unaware of the condition and triggered by stressful situations.
Anger is a huge problem. People look at others with mental disorders as being someone that chooses to be "crazy, angry, frustrated, sad, extreme, etc". It greatly disturbs me that society does not recognize this disorder as a legitimate medical issue. Mental disorders are not chosen and thus everyone suffering needs to speak up.
YOU HAVE A VOICE! Please spread the word. There is help and support.

monkeybee responded:
Hi An_249926,

Welcome to the board! Thank you for your helpful tips! Post as much or as little as you want in this group. There are some very supportive, goofy;), and helpful folks around here.

Monkeybee

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

TO DROP MY WEIGHT, I DROPPED THE DIET SOFT DRINKS.
Been on Zonegran for about five years and a type II diabetic for 35 years using metaformin and insulin. It appears the jury is in for me on ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.