Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, get to the ER.

*No Dr Outside Contact Please*
My Therapist - Trigger
ddnos posted:
Well, I had a session yesterday and before we got started (after some small talk) she wanted to talk with me about something. She said that it was sort of fitting that she got an email from me yesterday morning asking if she could do "surgery" on Sonny because she was going in for surgery next Friday. She said, "I have cancer - I have breast cancer" Just typing that is making me cry. She said that the doctors believe theres a good prognosis in that they believe they caught it early and hasn't spread. They will know more after the surgery. She will be having a lumpectomy and then radiation after she heals from the surgery. I asked her how she was doing/feeling about it all, and she said that of course, she's had her "moments" of fear, but that she is doing better, and in fact, has come to say that cancer has been a blessing to her because she's already learned so much about herself. She said that she would email me after the surgery to keep me updated on how things went. I'm still sort of in a daze from hearing her say those words, though I'm glad they caught it early, and I'm glad that she's handling it well. She's optomistic that she will be fine, she says, because she has many more things she wants to do in life.

Anyway, if you all could please keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers, that her surgery will go well and that she'll recover fully and completely!

Thank you

Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

slik_kitty responded:
hugs dd and hugs for your t. if all they are doing is a lumpectomy, then they probably did catch it early enough to get it all. i'm praying for her.

ddnos replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you, Kitty! She had options to do more invasive treatment , but chose the least invasive one (lumpectomy) based on that the doctors seem hopeful; otherwise, she'd have had the masectomy.

Thanks again for your prayers!
Debbie
Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past could have been any different --Unknown

skypper responded:
(((((DD))))) and big hugs and love to your therapist too!!!!
I'm really glad they caught it early and her that her attitude about it all is so good! That does make a HUGE difference you know, and both of those things combined!!! It's true, being faced with cancer it really does make you take things into account, the real things that matter most and have a huge impact on your life. I will keep her in my thoughts and be hoping and hoping that she have the best possible outcome from all of this!!!!

~In Love,
~Sky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

ddnos replied to skypper's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SkyTigger}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you! Yes, she has ha great attitude about it all, which as you say, makes a world of difference! I hope that I would follow in her steps should I ever get such a diagnosis!

Hugs
Debbie

skypper replied to ddnos's response:
SkyTigger! Love it!!!
~Sky~
When nothing's going right, go left!

monkeybee replied to skypper's response:
I'll be praying Debbie.

ddnos replied to monkeybee's response:
Thank you, Sarah (sarah, right? lol) I'll keep ya posted as soon as I hear from her prolly the week after next, or thereabouts. I'll be at my mom's for most of this week, which will make the time go by faster - for me, anyway.

Hope your day has been and is good!

Debbie

CanadianDyanne replied to ddnos's response:
HUGZ Debs, I know how much you care about her.
Sending up balloons of prayers right now!
hugz, wuvs, and chezburgz,
Dyanne

ddnos replied to CanadianDyanne's response:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dyanne}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you! Good to see you, missy! Who said you could be gone for so long? lol

Yes, she has been a part of my life for many years, and in my heart and I in hers! I can still hear her words echo in my mind when she told me that she has breast cancer. It was as though time stood still for a moment. (Ummm, that doesn't make sense, i.e. time standing still for a moment? lol) Leave it to me.lol

Anyway, thanks for your support!!

Debbie

monkeybee replied to ddnos's response:
Yes, its Sarah...but I'll go by anything...Donkey will be my name in a few years according to Cookie, lol.

Yes, please do keep us posted and I will continue to pray for her. Have a good time with yout mom!

monkeybee replied to CanadianDyanne's response:
Hi Dyanne,

I've never met you and just wanted to say hello. I'm still a newbie. Nice to meet you.

Monkeybee (or Sarah)

CanadianDyanne replied to monkeybee's response:
Hi Sarah the monkeybee hehe
WELCOME
I have been in this awesome community for almost 2yrs now, so let me say you have made some wonderful new friends!
I just haven't been on nearly as much in the pass few months due to ongoing puter gags! grrrr
Take care of you,
Dyanne

CanadianDyanne replied to ddnos's response:
{{{{{{{{Debs}}}}}}}} yes'am I know she is like family to you and can fully appreciate what you are saying!

Featuring Experts

Joseph F. Goldberg, MD, is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY. He also maintains a private prac...More

Helpful Tips

NSAIDS and lithiumExpert
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Motrin/ibuprofen, Advil, Naprosyn) raise lithium levels by about 20%. We often therefore say ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 91 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.